Our good friend, the late Tim Field, and Neil Marr have written an excellent book called Bullycide - Death at Playtime
Which explains the circumstances in which a number of bullied pupils have killed themselves.
You can find out more about this book at www.successunlimited.co.uk/books/bullycid.htm. You can also see the names and details of children who have killed themselves due to bullying on www.successunlimited.co.uk/bullycide/cases.htm
Some things to think about
- Do you encourage your children to stand up for themselves and could their assertiveness be construed as bullying?
- Are you confrontational?
- Are you critical of teaching staff in front of your child?
- Do you try to work with the school on problems
- Do you tell your children to hit back?
- Are you aggressive if another parent complaints to you about bullying?
- Do you give your children space to talk about things that may be upsetting them?